Monday, April 09, 2007

An Empty Diary

This is very frustrating. There is so so much in London to do. Tons of happening stuff going on everyday. And every time I flip through at the arts and culture guides in the weekend papers, I can see a veritable smorgasbord of events and acts that I wanna go check out. For a start, there’s the Renoir special exhibition at the National Gallery and there’s the Falklands War 25th anniversary exhibition at the National Army Museum, not to mention the many other concerts, markets and performances that remain tantalizingly on offer.

But for the first time since getting to London more than a half year ago, I’ve got nothing planned at all for the next couple of months. Nothing. Nothing. Absolutely nothing marked out in my diary. No gathering with friends. No travel plans. Not even a meal outing. And that’s so unlike the oily glutton that I am.

Of course, I realize all this carping might not go down well with some, but come on, the only reason why I’m starving myself is because I’ve got a flock of assignments hovering over me, vulture like, ominious and menacing, plus exams the following month. Lots of hard work beckons. Which is why I’m taking a break from roaming around this glorious city for now.

Heh. And the fact is I doubt I will get much done this coming week. Tomorrow sees me flying back home to spend time with the folks, the feline, the friends and the food. I’m looking forward to it. But could someone please help turn on the air conditioner well ahead of time? I’d appreciate that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well ... u did have dinner at H&T then drink at F ... :) DH

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home