Thursday, March 22, 2007

Exam Thoughts and More

Classes have ended for the term, and the exam schedule has just been issued. Looks like I’ll have to go into seclusion for much of May, burying myself in books and assorted other paperwork. The amazing thing is that even after my final paper, I have two more full essays to submit in the weeks thereafter. The next few months are likely to be pretty hectic.

It’s one thing to remind myself not to be a chao mugger. It’s another thing altogether to not study and thereby fail the exams. I have quite a bit of work I need to do in order to get in shape for my economics class and my research methods and statistic class. I’m less worried about the other modules.

But worries about the dissertation will have to come after the exams, although I did have the second of my meetings yesterday with my supervisor. Does UCL mind if most of my cited sources are American, and not British? Not at all, she replied, for UCL liked to think of itself as a "global university."

As we ended, she asked where I was headed to over the Easter break, and seemed pretty miffed when I told her of my plans. Heh, I said. I like telling Americans of my intended destination, as it’s probably the one place in the world where they can’t legally enter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home