Friday, March 23, 2007

Food From The Domestic Goddess

What a dreary and dismal day this has been, consigned as I was to my room, chained to my desk, confined to channelling my energies into nothing but this essay which I hope to complete in the next few days. Outside, the sky was bleak and brooding. Inside, the mood was no better.

But just as the sun set and the day came to a languid close, things brightened up considerably when I headed down to the buttery for dinner. There, awaiting us was a nice Teochew porridge meal prepared by the SSG – aka the Singapore Lawyer - who, true to her promise earlier, managed to whip up a delectable offering, assisted in part by the able Snowboarder. I helped out somewhat with the bean sprouts, but was chastised for my low standard of craftsmanship.

In the end, a wonderful feast awaited us – with fried kangkung, lup cheong, tow geh, ikan bilis, xian cai tang, minced meat and more, plus warm, filling porridge. The company, as usual, was brilliant. This was truly a nice way to end the day.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home