Monday, March 26, 2007

A New Season

Well, we’ve now stepped into the season of spring. Freshness abounds. Winter has gone away, and the clocks have sprung forward. Nature awakens from her long slumber. The weather is turning warmer, and the days are getting longer. The sky is sunny, and the flowers are blooming. Tis Spring! School’s ended, Easter beckons, the hemlines are up, and it’s time to file our taxes.

Tis Spring. Indeed.

I’ve had a mega English breakfast with my friend from home, and while he saunters round the bookstores of London, I return to my room, to my beloved essays, on whom I’ve lavished so much attention over the past few days.

But it won't be forever. Tomorrow I shall take my leave, and depart for a distant land, far away from thoughts of OLS regression, or the move towards citizen-based journalism, or China’s strategic inroads into Africa, or reforms to the British civil service since 1979.

The coming few months will take on a very different tenor. While there are no more formal classes, a ton of assignments remain, plus the dreaded exams. I have no idea as yet how the time will pan out. What’s clear is that it’s gonna be plenty busy.

Meanwhile, I shall have a good time catching up with my friend and longtime travelling companion, as we continue on our jaunt through the world’s last remaining dictatorships.

Back soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home