Wednesday, January 31, 2007

On The Streets Today


Yes, he looks rather sad and tired, doesn't he? I bet you would be, too, if you had to stand outside the shop the entire day, dealing with hordes of miserable tourists. I feel sorry for him. My day, in contrast, was a lil' better. For the streets of London were bathed today in glorious sunlight, with spirits lifted by the unexpected cancellation of a lecture, with the weather again unseasonably mild, and with the attraction of another Dining In at the hall. The theme this evening was Scottish, and the enigmatic haggis made a loud and dramatic entrance, accompanied by a bagpiper, who proceeded to deliver the Address to a Haggis. For me, I had a nice and tasteless serving of venison.

Today also marks the end of the first month of the year, and therefore, it's a perfectly logical time for a short series of scattered images taken today from around town.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home