Thursday, October 19, 2006

This Is Not A Food Blog

But let me make a quick mention of the Busaba Eathai restaurant, which serves contemporary Thai cuisine in a pretty modernist and stylish setting. There are three outlets in London, and I dined this evening at the Store Street branch, located at the corner of Tottenham Court Road and within walking distance of Goodenough College.
I had been thinking for some weeks about having some good pad thai and curry, and was happy to join the Singapore Doctor and the Canadian Couple for the outing tonight. These were also the same three persons whom I accompanied to the Thames cruise some days earlier. Always nice to hang out with them. And this will be the first of many visits we'll surely make, individually or together, to other Thai restaurants in London.
The place was absolutely packed, and the four of us shared a large table with about six to eight others. I'm told this is the Wagamama-inspired concept. Definitely, it was a noisy place, and certainly not somewhere one should head to for a romantic date. The food was alright - not fantastic - but definitely rather yummy, given the price, and the service was pretty decent too.
The problem, though, with places that try to be too trendy is that sometimes, things can go wrong. Take the strange inscriptions on the doors to the Ladies and Gents. One wouldn't know which was which. I managed to find my way into the right one, and proceeded to conduct my business, whereupon I heard an uncomfortably loud female voice outside, asking "Which one is the ladies?" The door then swung opened, a blonde girl stepped in, and I think I shall end this post on that note.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice cliffhanger ending. Did you get caught with your pants down?
- Lucid

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home