Wednesday, October 18, 2006

At Midweek

Dinner tonight at the Gourmet Pizza Company, located on the south bank of the Thames, at Gabriel's Wharf, near the landmark OXO Tower. It sure is good to get out of the Bloomsbury/Russell Square area, where both my hall and my school are located. I've already become familiar very soon with the local surroundings, with the walk I make each day to classes, with the routine of lessons and studies. I really don't wish to be trapped there too often, for London offers so much more for me to discover.
The weather these past weeks has been much warmer than average. The only time I'm not complaining is when I go for a run. Other than that, I'd say that I'd much rather wish we could have a real autumn soon. One hardly gets any fall colors here. And it seems summer's refusing to go away. I walked home from the restaurant, and returned flushed in sweat. For London isn't a place to be enjoyed when the weather's warm. Many places don't have interior air conditioning, including the entire Tube system, and frequently, conditions on the inside are quite bad. What I dislike about winter isn't so much the cold, but rather, the shortened daylight hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home