Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Things I Miss...

I’ve not been in London for very long. A bare three months have passed, and I think I’ve settled in rather well. Certainly, I’ve got no real complaints about life here. Moreover, this isn’t the first time I’ve been living away from Singapore.

There are certain things that I’m happy to be far from. Yet, already there’re a few things about home which I do miss, little memories that sneak up on me every so often. And I’d pause, and a wistful feeling emerges, for it will be some time before I’m back.

Let’s see - what do I miss? Well…

I miss having breakfast with colleagues at Maxwell market, where I’d savour my mee siam, you char kway, and the usual cup of kopi peng.

I miss the Hoegaarden gatherings at the Union Bar, complete with sizzling fries and juicy wings.

I miss driving around in my Mazda 3, and I wonder who the new owner could be.

I miss the Straits Times Urban section on Thursdays and all the fashion tips.

I miss being a slob on my couch, devouring DVDs and bags of chips.

I miss the sounds and smells of a strong tropical shower.

I miss swimming in the pool under a sunny blue sky.

I miss the casual safety of jogging at any hour.

I miss having cheap cinema seats too, and

I miss my cat, I really do...

*sniff*

1 Comments:

Blogger lucid247 said...

Meet you in SG for CNY lah!

4:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home