Thursday, October 26, 2006

I Can't Wait For Sunday

Gosh, what a boring day this has been. Stayed indoors, and at my desk, working on a seminar presentation next week for my Theories and Actors of the Policy Process class. I’m examining the role of the judiciary and courts in public policy. Under what conditions can the courts induce significant policy changes? What are the motivations behind judicial decisions? Very thrilling. This blog is certainly going to go downhill, if I have many more of such days to write about…

Took some time out in the middle of the day, however, to head out for a run with two Singapore ladies from across the road. Goodenough College actually comprises a few units, including two permanent halls of residence. I’m in London House, while there’s also the William Goodenough House – where the two of them are – located a short walk away, with a nice garden separating both Houses.

Perhaps it’s just typical of Singaporeans that we were chatting about food even as we were running. We ended with one of them issuing a invite to me for a home-made laksa dinner on Sunday that a few of them were planning. I said yes in an instant. Laksa’s one of my favourite dishes from home. I can’t wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home