Monday, July 30, 2007

Back in South Ken

My tour through the great museums and galleries of London continued apace today. Acting on an earlier recommendation by the Swinger, who dazzles next door at Imperial, I ventured to the South Kensington area again, this time to check out the Science Museum.

Nestled next to the illustrious Natural History Museum and opposite the eminent Victoria and Albert Museum, it appears like a poor cousin, it wouldn’t be fair to think of it in that way, especially when I stepped in and became overwhelmed almost right away by the sheer breadth and depth of the exhibits on offer. Even Bob the Builder was there, but I didn't get a chance to see him.

It was mind-boggling. I stayed for no more than two hours – barely scratching the surface, yet making sure I grabbed a fridge magnet from the gift shop – and left feeling pretty impressed by brilliant scientists and engineers. I don’t think I will have the time or occasion to return, so here are some nice memories of a mentally torrid afternoon.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting place to go right? I always like walking into the shop and see all the interesting toys. You should have called me for a cup of tea.

sw

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home