Friday, July 20, 2007

From Mecklenburgh Square to Millennium Square


Man, I don’t think I’ve had such a physically shack and siong day for quite some time, at least not since the run-up to East Asian Night some months back. Together with SW and BP, I spent much of Thursday helping the SSG to pack her stuff for her move from Goodenough College across the river to her new place at Millennium Square. It was a really exhausting day. And I’m certainly getting any younger...

But don’t get me wrong. I was certainly happy to help her with the move to the new flat, which she will be sharing with the HM, who’s currently back in Singapore. And what a lovely new place they have, close by to Butler’s Wharf, with the Thames and Tower Bridge very close by, and with lots of amenities around, including important outlets such as a Starbucks and a wine retailer. I think both the SSG and the HM will enjoy their new home in London very much indeed.

When everything had been shifted, BP and I went to get takeout from a nearby Pizza Express, and promptly wolfed everything down, before sinking onto her couch for a Friends DVD marathon, feeling totally wiped out. But the evening got decidedly better when the SSG returned from sending her sister - who had also chipped in for the day - off to Heathrow Airport, whereupon we dimmed the lights, turned the music on, and began savouring the delightful Chablis we got her and also a bottle of Cava.

So, it's hearty congratulations to the SSG and HM for securing such a lovely new home, and best of luck too as they begin their second year in London soon. Wanna know something too? I so wish I could stay on in London for some time to come, especially in such a cool apartment as this, with lovely views. This is the stuff that dreams are made of.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh heh, I'm the first person to comment! Hope u enjoyed the ride back in the dark... ;p

SW

1:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ah the view from the balcony! thanks again for all your help. i wish i were there...for the Friends and chablis/cava part anyway. hee hee.

2:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks hor :) Again ... don't know how I accumulated so much junk in 11 months ... *paiseh*

SSG

8:34 PM  
Blogger Rampant said...

Was happy to help out lah. The place is certainly very nice. Leave a couch for me the next time I come visit London.

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home