Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Returning to London

I’m now sitting at the Pacific Coffee Company outlet in Changi Airport's Terminal Two, with a double latte and a donut by my side. I’ve quite a bit of time to kill, with the flight back to Heathrow due to leave in a couple of hours’ time. I still marvel at Singapore’s wonderful efficiency…a smooth half hour drive up the East Coast Parkway, and then I cleared check-in and immigration within five minutes. It’s amazing. And now I’m surrounded by wonderful departure shopping. Except that the wallet’s a bit empty.

One of the last things I did was to go catch a screening of 300 at the new Vivocity yesterday evening. It’s a pretty curious work – a comic book masquerading as a movie. Lots of blood, lots of gore, tons of violence, and impressive looking abs. The magic that CGI can bestow upon actors who've too much beer to drink…the transformation can be remarkable.

All in all, this has been a good week back home. No studying done - none whatsoever - but I'm not kidding myself. And there're a few regrets, to be sure, such as how I wasn’t able to meet up with a few of my good friends. And how I wasn’t able to eat as much as I had wanted. But more good food awaits me in London, and I’m looking forward to catching up with my new friends there as well.

And I’m glad the heatwave in the UK over the past weekend is over. I’m glad to leave the stinking humidity of Singapore. Slightly cooler weather is forecast later this week in London. Time to bring out the jackets perhaps. It’s going to fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home