Tuesday, March 13, 2007

At The Midpoint

I’m now at the half way mark of my one year in London. It’s been a good journey so far. I arrived in the middle of last September. I shall expect to head home sometime this September. Allow me this cliché, as it expresses the sentiment so well, for I do feel that the sands of time have slipped by very fast.

This has been a very rich and fulfilling half year, even though there are a few minor, lingering regrets. But I’ve seen much, learnt much, met many, not to mention eaten plenty along the way. Given how my academic year has been structured, much of the pressure is back loaded, with a bunch of essays, the exams and the final dissertation still to come.

Yet it’s time not only to think about these coming tests, but also about what I shall be doing at the end of this one year here. Right now, I have no real clue yet, and the uncertainty can be somewhat unsettling. But at the same time, it’s not something I think I shall pursue with great vigour, at least not until the exams are over.

The warmer months now beckon now beckon. Summer time begins at the end of this month, bringing longer days. Classes will conclude even earlier. I’ll be seeing the friends from school much less often. A different rhythm and routine to life will set in. Change is certainly in the air.

Have I achieved all that I wanted to? What will this coming half year bring? Let’s touch base again in September.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home