Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Exposure to Kiasuness

Dinner last night with five good friends from class at Kiasu, the Singaporean restaurant in Queensway where I had been to once before. I was the one who talked about getting together, and was most happy to oblige when one of the Canadians suggested that we go try some Singaporean food. It’s nice to be able to introduce them to the stuff that I’ve been raving about for the past half year.

I came away this time round very satisfied indeed. My Nasi Goreng Istimewa was simply sedap and shiok, and I hope the others were satisfied with their choices as well – Singapore Char Kway Teow, Hokkien Mee Soup, Nasi Lemak and Nonya Chicken Curry. Earlier, I had ordered a selection of starters for everyone to try - Roti Prata, Pork Satay, Kueh Pai Tee and Chye Tow Kueh.

One of the Americans talked about going to Singapore after finishing studies here at the end of summer, as part her post-UCL plans for a long holiday around the world. Sounds like a good idea. It would be a real shame to have these friendships fade away once we leave London. I look forward to welcoming all of them to Singapore in future. Already I’m thinking – how shall I feed them when they get there?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home