Monday, October 02, 2006

I Guess It Was Partly My Fault

It sure ain't very fortuitous or prudent to begin one's learning journey here in London by missing the very first class on the schedule. But that's what happened today anyway. Let's not even begin to discuss the reason. The miserable one or two loyal readers of this blog might have also noticed that yesterday, Sunday, was the first time since it began that no entry was posted. Well, nothing much happened, really. I was at my desk virtually the entire day, going through all my course outlines in detail, downloading reading materials from the Internet, and generally sighing quite a bit. No one said it was going to be all fun and games.
So there I was today, groping around campus, a freshie definitely, trying out for the first time wonderfully compelling attractions such as the library, the computer clusters, the photocopy room, even the university stationary shop. Much of what I did today really did bring memories of those days in NUS, way too long ago, although the places I see and the faces I meet now are different. Yet I feel very much to be the same person - older, hopefully wiser, weathered by some adversity, and perhaps, I think, more self aware, more self conscious than before. If anything, that's what experience confers on you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dun bluff, you planned it all along.
- Lucid

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home