Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Last Word

And so it's time now to shut down Rampant in London. I'm not planning to delete the blog; it will remain on-line - for as long as the good folks at Blogger.com are willing to continue hosting it. But with the studies now complete, my life in London has come to an end, and with that, so has the reason for writing this blog in the first place.

This has been a good ride. But it was never meant to be a permanent chronicle of my life. When I started it last September, I intended to use it as a means of documenting the main highlights of what promised to be an exciting year away from home. And what a great year it has proven to be : ) What a simply wonderful wonderful year. I could go on and on, recounting all that I did, but then everything's detailed in the 235 posts uploaded these past twelve months, including this final one.

What's clear is that I have learnt much, seen much, travelled much, and, most importantly, made many new and dear friends - a few of whom I hope to keep for life. They have made my one year in London so much more enriching and rewwarding, without whom the tone and tenor of my time there would have been very different.

When I last returned from living abroad, I had a broken back and was confined to a wheelchair and crutches. The transition this time round has been very different. I've now been back in Singapore for a week, settling back into life here with great ease, tucking into all my favourite dishes - the Radin Mas lor mee gets a special mention! - yet with the thoughts of London remaining absolutely fresh in my mind. And I hope they will stay this way.

Will I blog again? I don't know. I rather enjoyed all the writing. But can a life of drudgery and work in Singapore ever beat the blissful days in London? I doubt so. But if I do blog again, I'll certainly set up a fresh site, and inform everyone out there of the new URL.

For now, though, Dear Readers, thank you so much for your company this past year. Thanks for the comments and the interest in how I've been doing. But Rampant in London is now Subdued in Singapore. That's how it's gonna be, unfortunately. I wish it were otherwise. Yet what will remain, always, will be the warm memories, grateful thoughts of a fine, fulfilling year away....

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You MUST start a Sg blog so that I can be jealous of all the good food you are eating while I am in London!

1:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya, I also say!!!
then we can all come back next year and PIG out together!! ;p

5:02 AM  
Blogger lucid247 said...

Start another blog on your Blogger Dashboard lor.

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As discussed at Wild Rocket last nite, we should do start a common blog soon ... this is the prelude to our new business ... :)

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nice ending to a fantastic year of fantasies. I guess this is where I sign off as the name you gave me for the year ... Celebrity Swinger Chef and thanks to everyone. You know who you are.

3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home