Sunday, July 15, 2007

One Sunday in July

London is getting hot. And good news that’s certainly not. It’s beginning to feel like home, where I walk around constantly perspiring, with a thin yet sticky film of sweat permanently on my skin. It’s been a rainy summer so far, and therefore somewhat cool, but I sure am not looking forward to warmer weather.


That aside, the day was nice. It began with me meeting up with three friends from class for a nice dim sum lunch at my favourite Royal China on Queensway, after which we tried to walk off what we put in by trundling to nearby Portobello Market. Lunch today was good, but I think I need to look for another excuse to head back soon for more of the carrot cake, in particular.


My jaunt through London’s major museums continued in the afternoon, when, after the abortive attempt earlier in the week, I stepped successfully into the Natural History Museum in South Kensington, with no strange force holding me back this time.



The museum occupies a grand and impressive building, with ornate architecture. This is high Victorian Gothic, with huge brown halls containing the requisite displays of dinosaur bones to impress the children, plus other exhibits on humans, animals and the natural environment. But much as I was keen, I couldn’t stay for long. With no air conditioning, the place felt increasingly like an oven, and I had to bid an unglamorous exit.

The day ended with me joining GNK+1 and his other half for a screening of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Well, we all know what’s in the movie, so it’s enough for me merely to say “Hmmm. Hermoine!”

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Oh Rampant!" ;p

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home