Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Don't Be Too Early

I’ve just returned from a quick round of evening drinks at the roof terrace of the Grafton Arms, a local pub barely two minutes away from UCL. It was organized by my School’s student society, and was meant to serve as a nice end-of-term get together, before we each head off for the summer, doing our own thing.

Arriving a full half hour after the advertised time, I found myself nonetheless to be the first one there, even earlier than the organizer. Note to self – this is so not cool. Never arrive at a party “early”. Instead, learn how to saunter in much much later, languidly and unhurried.

And indeed, many familiar faces soon emerged, with the stress of the exams over, and we began trading notes about our respective summer plans. I guess I may still see some of them in the coming couple of months. But hopefully, a few might want to visit Singapore in the near future. To many of them, Asia is totally distant and foreign. It would be good to welcome them there one day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home