Sunday, January 07, 2007

Here and Now


I’ve been staying up late over the past couple of evenings, getting my stuff ready for the new term, with the smooth sounds of Classic FM in the background. It’s a very comforting station. I’m in Central London, but silence prevails here on Mecklenburg Square. Apart from the music – they’re playing a Debussy piano piece now – I hear nothing apart from the occasional chipring of birds outside. Perfect.

There are thoughts aplenty in my mind, not all of which are inspiring. I’m certainly not starting this year with a clear head. There are different concerns, and there are regrets. We’ll deal with them as they emerge. We’ll have to manage. But I remind myself, just for a while, of blessed I am in many ways. And for now, I shall savour this moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home