Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Goodenough

So, apparently people here do call it Good-enough. I was wondering if, perhaps, it should be pronounced Goo-dee-now - one of those sneaky English place names that trips up those from abroad, like Greenwich, Leicester, Southwark, never pronounced as they are spelt.

It's a pretty old complex, and my room looks as though it dates from the 1930s. But they've given it a fresh coat of paint and my window looks out to a nice, green park.


The College is located in Mecklenburgh Square, and nearby is Brunswick Square. Why these Germanic-sounding names in the middle of London? I suspect it might have something to do with royalty, given that the House of Windsor had such extensive ties with blue blood from the continent.

I've not had a chance to meet many people yet. When I moved in, the College was still pretty empty, but new members are now moving in steadily. We all scribble out names and countries on our doors, and already, I can spot members from nations such as Egypt, Pakistan, China, Ireland on the same floor.

KH's room is located opposite Sam's, who's from China, and by a sheer stroke of coincidence, they are both doing the same course at LBS. Went out with the both of them for dinner a couple of nights ago at Chinatown. I had the beef noodles, or something that purported to be beef noodles. I am so going to miss food from home...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home